All electronic equipment, even the iPhone sometimes loses smoothness of work or completely refuses to obey. In such situations, it’s best to reset the phone, and you can do it in a few simple ways. How to restart iPhone?
How to reset the iPhone?
If the iPhone does not run smoothly, stutters or freezes, we should reset it by:
- traditional reset using commands (soft reset) – hold down the Sleep / Wake button, which is located at the top (on older models) or on the right side of the smartphone (on iPhone 6 and newer models) until the message “slide to power off “which then needs to be moved to the right; turned off the phone is turned on by pressing the same button;
- the so-called. hard reset – if the phone does not respond completely, you should press Sleep / Wake and Home (round button under the display) longer until the company logo appears. For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and newer models that do not have a physical Home button, hold down Sleep / Wake and Volume down simultaneously.
To reset your iPhone X, iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, follow these steps:
- Press and release the volume up button quickly
- Then quickly press and release the volume down button
- Then press and hold the power button (button on the side) before the Apple logo appears
How to restore iPhone to factory settings?
Restoring the iPhone to factory settings involves performing one of three actions:
- we enter Settings / General / Reset – here we can choose what exactly we want to get rid of (this solution may not be fully effective);
- we connect the iPhone to the computer with a cable, then turn on iTunes and select “Play iPhone” – this will ensure permanent deletion of data and the system;
- turn off the iPhone, and then press Sleep / Wake and Home at the same time (as in the usual reset, but this time you need to press until the message “Connect to iTunes” appears).
Resetting the iPhone to factory settings may be needed e.g. before selling the phone, i.e. in situations where we want to be sure that our data will not fall into the wrong hands.